Deluxe version of Foredom 5240 kit. This kit includes just about everything you need to get to work - motor, speed control, handpiece and accessories.
This kit contains:
This kit contains:
- Foredom's most popular and best motor for general use. The 1/6 HP, ball bearing, hang-up style SR motor runs in forward and reverse at speeds up to 18,000 RPM. It offers substantially more power than any of their older universal motors - 66% more than Series CC and 33% more than Series S and old SR motors. It comes equipped with a motor bale for hanging, and the standard 39" long key-tip inner shaft and outer sheath for connecting to any of Foredoms interchangeable handpieces.
- SCT Speed Control - Offers the same electronics and smooth control as the C.FCT but in a much heavier, cast iron housing. The added weight eliminates any unexpected movement of the control along the floor. The bottom surface of the speed control is covered with non-skid material.
- 44T collet style handpiece is popular among woodcarvers as it accommodates larger accessories with shank diameters up to 1/4". It comes with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" collets. The tapered design allows for close and safe work.
- 28 Handpiece: This is also a collet style handpiece that comes supplied with 3/32" and 1/8" collets. It has a very slender design and tapered front grip that is only 1/2" in diameter. It can be held in a "pencil grip" fashion for very close work in hard-to-reach places.
- 27 piece Accessory Kit with 3/32", 1/8" and 1/4" shank accessories. It includes many unique items from Foredom - Scotch-Brite Radial Bristle Discs, Purple Ceramic Sanding Bands and Discs, Typhoon Burs, V Stones, CeramCut Blue Stones, and more.
- Fur, Feathers, and Fins a 3 disc DVD set with in-depth instruction for beginning woodcarvers as well as detailed tips for more advanced power woodcarvers who want to enhance their technique. Filmed at the Vermont studio of renowned carver, Frank Russell, Fur, Feathers, and Fins shows the many steps involved in bringing simple blocks of tupelo wood to life. In over 3 hours of video material, Frank walks you through the set up of his work space, the tools he uses, safety concerns and lots more. He covers in great detail the carving of 3 different animal projects: A Cotton Tail Rabbit, Mallard Drake Duck, and Small Mouth Bass. Frank's congenial manner and accomplished teaching style lend to the enjoyment of learning to carve.
- Flexible shaft grease
- 2-year limited warranty.